Pages

Saturday, January 16, 2016

They're here!!!

My newest pieces are back from the kiln... It's like Christmas all over again! The fired colors are so brilliant. 

So here is my Flower Power Lunch Set:



This is a piece that I've done before and I've had so much positive customer feedback on these little gems.  They're very bright and colorful and perfect for tomato soup with your grilled cheese, or maybe your hot tea with a bagel.  It's definitely a fun piece.  I came up with this little design back in 2012 and was fiddling around with some designs in my graphics software and thought about some fun spring designs...well, this definitely worked.  These lunch sets take a lot of time to do, but the end result is worth it.

My Sake Set is not quite done, as I have only had the carafe fired, but the colors are really cool!  This set should be listed before the end of January. :)
I am still working on the small cups and tray that belong to this set.....I decided on a cherry blossom design, which I hand painted.  They are a very important symbol in Japan as it is a symbol of renewal and spring.  I've never been to Japan, but I remember seeing these magnificent trees many years ago in Washington DC near the Tidal Basin.  I happen to have quite a bit of Japanese art and clothing that I've collected over the years, so that's the main inspiration behind my design......






......plus I got a bunch of souvenirs when I was in  China Town, San Francisco.  I happened to come across these slippers with butterflies on them.  I just love the bold designs on these; they're fun to wear and so adorable.




Here is another one of my newest pieces, a funky napkin holder.  I love its asymmetrical design, so I came up with a seamless pattern with some retro flair.  I designed this little funky snowflake (or maybe it's a sputnik, you decide..) in my graphics software and transferred it to the ceramic piece.  It's an ultracool design and makes a statement if you use bold colors, such as the black, red and white glazes here.  I store my pencils and notecards in this too, so it's a very functional piece!


That's it for now....enjoy your holiday weekend; see you again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment