Pages

Sunday, January 10, 2016

Happy New Year!! :)

Well, hello there!  Welcome friends, to my first shop blog ever! I've been debating on doing a blog for a long time, so why not start now?    I will promise to put more bells and whistles on this page to really make it look awesome! ......Sooo, here's the story....it's been a few months since I reopened my Etsy shop in October and it's been pretty great so far.  I was busy moving and settling into a new city and it just really took some time to get my shop set up, buy materials, move stuff around and getting started on my projects.  This past Christmas season was pretty awesome.  Sales were very good and I'm so glad that some of my ceramic pieces found a new home.  What's even better is that 1/2 of my profits went to my church, as they are trying to raise money to build a new school.  It's a good feeling to give back.

So now, it's back to work.  I really have to clean up my work area; it's a complete wreck!  Plus it's been so cold to work in the garage, too.  Temps during December got down to 10 degrees for a few days...brrr!  My little space heater just wasn't doing the job.  I'll get my shop back together sometime this month.  Only problem is that I've accumulated so many empty boxes and packing material that I will need extra shelves very soon.....please excuse my mess!




In the meantime, I've been working on some new pieces for January.  I know it takes quite a bit of time to post new items, but right after I opened my shop back in October, my kiln crapped out.  It was a major fire hazard to use it the garage, so I had to find another way to fire my pieces.  I was lucky enough to find a place downtown where I can do a kilnshare.  Once my pieces are glazed, I take everything downtown and it usually takes a week or so to get them back, depending on their firing schedule......I'm working on a Sake Set and some pretty cool napkin holders.  I created a very intricate pattern for my napkin holders; it kind of looks like a cool retro snowflake design. My Sake Sets are pretty big sellers and I enjoy creating them!  I love painting my cherry blossom design and using bold, contrasting colors. Both the napkin holders and Sake Sets will have black on red glazes.  They are very striking!



In the meantime, be sure to stop by my Butterflykilns shop on Etsy.  I have just started working on some videos of my products.  I must say that I'm having a blast getting creative with this software!  These videos allow customers to get more of a three dimensional view of my pieces as well as scale and function.  The cool thing about these videos is that they open up as as a stand alone movie, not in YouTube.  YouTube is ok, but I find it a bit distracting with all of the other suggested movies along the side of the page.  My little short movies are simple with no audio. Check them out in the "My Etsy Shop" page above. !  I only have 9 items listed so far, but there is more to come soon!  That's about it for now.  Thanks for stopping by and will see you again soon. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment